Sunday, August 21, 2011

pt.2 .....BEWRAY OF BAD DOG


IN this first visit I stumbled upon a very sweet find, charity/second hand shops -which I absolutely love prowling around. Then! Baggins Book Bizarre Store !
There I stumbled on what I found to be the oldest book I've ever seen and touched in real life... When I couldn't believe it I decided to return to this special shop on the Rochester high street the next day to confirm what I discovered before my eyes.



208 YEARS OLD  " THE SEASONS" 
PRINTED IN 1803 - DUNDEE SCOTLAND

THE AGE IS VISIBLE



SO friday I paid more attention the features of the streets and this you will see from the photographs I've shared with you... Needless to say how I could not resist where my feet brought me. The 2 hours I spent in Baggings books store looking at the endless maze of books piled high from the ground up and juxtaposed in every space that they could be wedged; I went back for my mystery book. While I was there I only near missed a chance to find a thin little inconspicuous item ( I tell you we lickle but we tallawah) - a book that was dedicated to Jamaican street sign art published in 1986: in this book everyone who had a business despite the profession was making sure  DEER BIZNIZ WUZ ADVOTISED: As I listened to my own songs through BB earphones I was thoroughly entertained by a bit of my history and culture as depicted through black and white photographs taken in the streets of Jamaica. I would say only in Jamaica you can find these:  



































This trip to Rochester will not be my last and so I enjoyed the final 2 hours celebrating with a slice of Carrot cake and a mug of Latté from the Deaf Cat eat in cafe... Bidding the cobbled streets good bye and finally going across the famous Rochester bridge with my new treasures. 

Thanks for reading guys !!    

No comments:

Post a Comment